Jobs for Stay-at-Home Moms
Being a mom is probably one of the most difficult jobs in the world. You always need to strike a balance between family life and what you want to do in life. You will always have to reconcile between being there for your family’s needs while making sure you provide a better future for them.
I should know because I made a choice a year ago.
But being a stay-at-home is not all bad. In fact, there are more advantages than disadvantages of staying at home and being with the kids. And if there’s anything I have to complain about, it’s about not having my own money. To be honest, I never really like the idea of relying too much and asking money from my husband. So when he encouraged me to try doing an online job, I immediately grabbed the chance.But earning at the comfort of your home is not confined to doing an online job. There are many things you can do at home which I want to share with you.
1) Become a freelance writer. This job is for those who love to write and want to make money out if it. To be honest, this is by far the most rewarding online job I’ve done. I owe my personal money through freelance writing.
Surprisingly, there are a lot of website owners who are in need of freelance writing services which you can take advantage of. But be prepared since you will even write about the most outrageous topics or things that don’t interest you. And there are deadlines to follow so even if you’re a freelance writer, you still need to commit to it.
2) Work as a Virtual Assistant. All you need is a decent internet connection, headset, webcam and impressive organizational skills and you’re good to go. It’s like a regular office job where you organize schedules, set meetings, coordinate with different departments and the like. The difference is that you are doing it at home with less stress and pressure.
3) Teach. If you’re good at a particular subject or musical instrument, then you should try tutoring services. Many parents these days have little patience or time to teach their kids because of responsibilities at work. As a result, tutors are hired. You could opt for the traditional tutoring services or try teaching online.
Just make sure you have the passion for teaching, has the relevant credentials and got the right amount of patience level.
4) Make money by doing something you love. If you notice, there are a lot of online shops that make customized cakes and cupcakes or other handmade products. If you have a skill like baking, sewing, cooking, making crafts or website design, then maximize those skills and make money out if it. Which leads me to the next one…
5) Start your own online business. Ever heard of the term, ‘mompreneur?’ These are usually stay-at-home mommies who put up their own online business by selling goods or services. Again, utilize those skills you have and share it to the people. Or if you saw something worth selling such as cloth diapers or toys at a cheaper price, then become a distributor and sell it. You can also try franchising though you need to shell out some money on that. Or if your husband has his own business and you want to help, tap the online community. The choices are endless. Just be patient because building your name online may take some time. And make sure to check all your accounts all the time.
Who says you can only achieve financial independence outside your home? There are so many ways you can do and earn money from even if you’re just staying at home. Just maximize your skills and the resources around you and you will surely achieve something. And the best part? You get to be with your kids to anytime of the day.
A former law student turned stay-at-home mom of two. Join me and read my adventures as I go through this crazy world called parenting and mommy-hood.