25 Signs You are Stay-at-Home Mom

Let’s face it. Being a stay-at-home momma is not an easy job. Even if there are helpers to help us around, we feel that there is a need to do everything by ourselves. That’s part of the job description, right? And yes, being a stay-at-home mom has its ups and downs too.

I’m sure every household is different. But after (virtually) talking to other SAHMs and being able to take a peek in their lives through their blogs, I realized that there are similarities too such as – Signs Youre a SAHM1. Having an online job, or an online business, or anything that can keep you busy and earn money.

2. “A messy house” is an understatement.

3. Taking a shower and actually rinsing whatever yucky thing stuck on your hair is a major accomplishment.

4. Eating leftover food is part of your “diet.”

5. When you know the latest adventure of Dora and Peppa Pig but have no idea what’s happening in the world.

6. Looking at the clock is not that important – unless it’s time for Hi-5 or your child needs to drink some medicine.

7. You can sing to any songs from Disney or Nickelodeon and even memorized “Let It Go,” “Brave” and whatever Disney movies. Sadly, you don’t know who is Ariana Grande or at least the latest song of Taylor Swift.

8. Wearing a jeans or dress makes you feel prettier.

9. You have a newly-bought lipstick or perfume or shoes, but don’t even know where to use it.

10. You have a planner – but have a hard time using it or at least keeping track of the things you need to do because the kids are handful already.

11. You can’t take a shower without an audience.

12. Mastering the art of keeping the kids busy so you can do your own thing, at least for five minutes.

13. You can eat with one hand – and you’re pretty good at it.

14. Waking up early is part of the daily routine. The early bird catches the worm, right?

15. You suddenly appreciate silence – at 4 in the morning and 10 in the evening.

16. You always look forward to your kids’ nap time and sleeping. This means you can do other things too.

17. Your idea of “me time” is getting your hair and nails done at the quickest time possible.

18. When your husband asks, “How’s your day” and you always say “Same old, same old.”

19. When preparing meals requires using your brain cells since you don’t know what else to serve. So you resort to recipe from magazines or the good ol’ Google.

20. Multitasking is one of your strengths.

21. You have an iPad or any other tablet full of apps for kids. You need to divert their attention, remember?

22. Your TV knows only one or two channels. And yes, it’s for your kids.

23. Your phone is full of your kids’ pictures and the silly and cute things they do. Is there a need to take a picture of your messy home?

24. Only you can understand what your child says.

25. You realize that after all the sacrifices and giving up personal happiness for kids, one day, they’ll stop asking for your help and do things on their own. Finally, you have time to take a shower with no kids screaming, sleep peacefully at night sans the crying, clean the house with no toys scattered everywhere and even do anything you want – undisturbed. After all, kids grow up too.

So, are you a certified stay-at-home momma? Be proud!

If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers

1. SOL RAZO

January 21, 2015 at 9:46 am

Hahaha, I bet all moms who will read this will definitely agree with you Ayi. I myself can tell, “super nakakarelate” πŸ˜‰

2. Jhanis

January 21, 2015 at 10:28 am

Hahaahah! I am not a stay at home mom but I an definitely relate to a lot of these things! πŸ˜€

3. vyjae

January 21, 2015 at 3:17 pm

Relate to the max! Hahaha! Thank you for sharing! Atleast I know I’m not the only one who doesn’t know Ariana grande lol

January 21, 2015 at 3:38 pm

I think I found out about Ariana Grande thru one of the commercials in Nickelodeon pa. Lol!

4. Cheanne

January 21, 2015 at 3:25 pm

I sooo agree with all! Well, except maybe for the getting up early. I am such a night owl. πŸ™‚

January 21, 2015 at 3:39 pm

I used to stay up late at night lalo na when I was still in lawschool. Things changed when our yayas left us :))

5. Que Sullano - Gavan

January 21, 2015 at 5:34 pm

Ahahah. I lost track in counting but majority applies! Cheers to all of us for keeping a happy home (though messy!)

6. Lique Dimayuga

January 21, 2015 at 6:08 pm

I am so guilty of almost all things in the list! Especially eating the kids’ leftovers, omg! hahaha

January 22, 2015 at 3:37 pm

Sayang kasi. I had yayas before who throw my kids’ leftovers. Kakainis. So I’ll just eat it nalang :))

7. nilyncartagena

January 21, 2015 at 6:45 pm

I honestly laugh at this post. This is so true! I’ve yet to experience all of these but surely will in the future when my baby is older.

Cheers to all mommas!

-http://abovepreciousrubies.blogspot.com/

8. Mommy Anna

January 22, 2015 at 1:46 am

I am a working mom but I can relate here because I also experienced this one when I am at home. But kids make us happy and alive

9. Edel

January 22, 2015 at 2:50 pm

I can relate to your list! lol … I’ve been a WAHM since I was pregnant with my daughter. But no regrets since I was able to see her grow up before my eyes and witness each milestone πŸ™‚

10. Maan

January 22, 2015 at 2:54 pm

Aww at number 25! Truth be told, I wasn’t able to relate to many of the things in the list, but I laughed out loud at number 7!

11. MrsMartinez

January 23, 2015 at 12:03 pm

24! Saktong sakto hehe Since my daughter started talking ako na taga explain sa ibang tao what she mean kasi medyo bulol pa hehe

xoxo
    MrsMartinez

January 23, 2015 at 3:29 pm

Yes, being a translator is part of the job description too :))

12. tweenselmom

January 23, 2015 at 12:52 pm

Whenever I get annoyed with my kids, I always tell myself that soon they will be having things on their own and I really dread that. Time is so fast pa naman so I have this additional patience for them.

January 26, 2015 at 12:02 am

LOL! I bet all of us can relate here!!! Numebrs 2 and 4 are so true!

14. Maria Teresa Figuerres

January 27, 2015 at 1:49 am

I don’t think I’m ready yet for when my son doesn’t need my help anymore. Waah! And I say yes to most items in your list, except for the planner. My planner is overused. With so many things on my plate, I tend to forget things, so I need to jot them down as a reminder.

January 28, 2015 at 2:39 am

Hahaha! I can definitely relate to all those 25 things. I just wish I had more time for #17 though.