Top 3 Apps for Your Little Tots

Let’s face it: getting rid of technology can be a difficult thing to do. Everywhere you go, you will always see children holding iPads and can even use iPhones like a pro. I am guilty of this too since iPad has kept my kids still every time we’re in a public place.

Still, this doesn’t mean we should allow our kids to get addicted to tablets. Being a parent, we also need to set limits and choose apps that are educational and informative. In other words, an app where our kids can learn from.

I’m sure you all have your own bets. Sharing with you my favorite kiddie and educational apps that helped my kids learn the basics, aside from what I teach them, of course.

Endless Alphabet

Photo from iTunes
Photo from iTunes

I learned about this app as a recommendation from a friend. I was a bit hesitant in downloading it (because it’s not for free! Lol!) but I tried it anyway. It contains 50 words, which kids can learn from and play with and teaches letters and letter sounds in an engaging way. Once the word is presented, there will be a short animation that illustrates the meaning of the word in an engaging way. Then the words will be jumbled, giving the child a chance to get to know the words better and hear its phonetic sound. Of course, the child has to match the letters until s/he is able to spell out the word.

I was really surprised to see my kids, especially my eldest imitating the words and its  definition. Even my one-year old can match some of the jumbled letters into its corresponding letter. I’m really glad I was introduced to this app.

Endless Alphabet costs $6.99

Pink Fong’s Best Songs and Stories

Photo from iTunes
Photo from iTunes

I came across this app by accident. I was looking for apps with nursery rhymes and this is the first thing that came out of the search results. I figured it has the basics such as “Twinkle and Twinkle” and “If You’re Happy and You Know It” so I gave it a try.

This app features famous nursery rhymes with actions and animations that kids can imitate. It also comes with different stories presented in beautiful graphics to keep the kids engaged. I must admit that when I need to do something, I just play this app and this can keep my kids, especially my youngest still. And yes, my eldest had memorized all the songs and stories – complete with action. Definitely a recommended app.

Pink Fong’s Best Songs and Stories can be downloaded for free. Some of the songs and stories are also for free. However, song and stories bundles costs $0.99 to $9.99, depending on what you’ll purchase.

Instatube images

I have another confession to make: my kids watch shows on YouTube, with my supervision, of course. They love watching episodes of Peppa Pig, Pocoyo, Chu Chu TV and anything educational. Of course, access to the Internet is not 24/7 so there is a need to download videos to keep them busy.

This is where Instatube comes in. It allows me to download videos from YouTube and save it on iPad for future reference. Plus, I am assured that my kids are watching videos appropriate for them, unlike watching it on YouTube itself.

Instatube comes for free.

How about you mommas? Any fave apps for your tots that you can recommend?

1. Maan

January 29, 2015 at 4:34 pm

Ugh, this reminds me of my forever pending post on preschooler apps haha. I want to try Endless Alphabet but it’s heavy and not free! Worth it? We’re using the BOB books app.

2. nilyncartagena

January 29, 2015 at 9:07 pm

I may need these apps in the future. For now, I just download nursery rhymes on Youtube and save them on the tab so Nate can watch them.

January 29, 2015 at 10:27 pm

I’m obsessed with looking for preschooler apps and have actually tried both Endless Alphabet and Best Songs and Stories for my son. This is the first time I’ve heard of Instatube though. Must check it out!

January 30, 2015 at 1:34 am

Its where you can save YouTube videos lang so the kids can watch even if there is no Internet connection. I actually found it helpful since my kids have fave shows na :))

4. Joy

January 30, 2015 at 1:15 am

Bible App and Edu Kitty are two of the apps I really like. The same as what you are doing, I make sure that my daughter watches movies/cartoon clips that her dad and I have approved of. Thank you for sharing. 🙂

5. Viva Kitchen Goddess

January 30, 2015 at 2:15 pm

This is the age of gadgets and even babies are already fascinated with it. However, it is really up to us parents to be vigilant and choose the right app that our child/children will use.

January 31, 2015 at 1:01 am

That’s true. It may be challenging and diffticult to veer away from tablets so the least we can do as parents is to choose the apps for our kids 🙂 At the same time, we have to supervise since baka mamaya kung ano na napipindot nila.

6. Yvonne Bertoldo

February 2, 2015 at 8:37 am

I also have the Best Kids Songs Stories app 🙂 yey appear! ^^

February 3, 2015 at 3:57 pm

It’s so nice. I have to buy pa the other bundles kasi nagsasawa na kids ko :))

7. Maria Teresa Figuerres

February 4, 2015 at 3:49 am

I’m okay with educational apps for my son or videos that teach him a skill or where he learns something from, but I’m not in favor of staying long online for his computer games. As much as we can, hubby and I try to limit his online play and encourage him to do other things.

8. MommyPehpot

February 4, 2015 at 11:39 am

Great apps for toddlers! Since I no longer have a toddler, most of the apps they downloaded are games but we try to limit their gaming time as much as possible 🙂

9. Ma. Yvette Heart (@mayvetteheart)

February 4, 2015 at 2:57 pm

These apps are good. Hindi ko alam may instatube na pala hehe 🙂 Since my boys has condition they are not allowed to stay long or as much as possible no gadget instead they have home program to do 🙂

February 5, 2015 at 12:07 am

Actually I learned it from my mom. Oh diba, siya pa ang updated :))

10. rinabee

February 12, 2015 at 9:23 am

interesting apps! will definitely keep them in mind. instatube is particularly useful even for adults! now, to free up for memory from my gadgets – that is another thing altogether, hi hi