Be Your Child’s Teacher: My Top 3 Learning Materials Resources for Kids

My husband and I decided to enroll our eldest this coming school year. He’s not particularly fond of homeschooling and I don’t think I could do it or have enough patience to teach so traditional (more like progressive) school it is. Still, that doesn’t mean I’m not going to teach my kids. After all, parents are the kids’ first teachers, right?

Before we enroll A, I decided to do my sort of home school program and teach her the basics – alphabet, numbers, and even tracing letters. So here I am, looking for the best resources and websites with printable materials, which I could use to teach my kids. These websites never failed me.

1. Educents.

Kate and Kaitlyn are passionate about affordable education, hence Educents. I came across this site when it offered free one-month preschool curriculum a few months ago. Since then, Educents has been one of my go-to resources for printable and learning materials. I particularly like the Frozen-themed alphabet and tracing materials. My youngest can’t recite the ABCs yet (she’s 18 months already) although I could see her lips moving every time I teach her. The pedia told me not to worry that much (and wait until she turns two before I panic. Ha!) so I used the Frozen-themed alphabet flash cards to teach her. This really caught her attention and was listening to every word I say. Now, she can recite and identify some of the letters in the alphabet. We’re still taking it one step at a time but I saw an improvement. Learning Materials Resources 1My eldest also loves the Frozen-themed activity sheets where she traces letters. I tried to give her one page a day but she ended up asking for the rest of the worksheets so I have to print a lot of copies. Learning Materials Resources 2As a gift to my readers, you can get FREE $10 Educents credit when you sign up using this link. You can use this amount to purchase educational materials to enhance your kids’ learning experience. Check out their site often since some learning materials go on sale.

2. Preschoolmom.com

I came across this site through a fellow mom blogger when she shared her experience about homeschooling. I clicked any link then discovered Preschoolmom. It gives you access to tons of printable materials that helps enrich your kids’ learning – for free. You can find printables such as alphabet, numbers, colors, days of the week, shapes and anything about early learning. Charts and games are also available, designed in a way kids will love. Learning Materials Resources 3

Learning Materials Resources 4I downloaded the Letter of the Day worksheets so A and I can focus on one letter per day first. I also downloaded the shapes and numbers to teach my youngest about the basics. I just cut it out and recite to my youngest everyday so she’ll remember. Learning Materials Resources 5I really like how the materials were made. They are simple with not much design but colorful enough to entice kids to learn.

3. Education.com

I have to thank Google for this. Before I came across the first two sites, I already Google-d “free printable materials for kids” and this site came on top.

I like Education.com because aside from offering printable materials, the materials made are not the usual printables you see online. There are so many things you can do on a single worksheet that will keep your child preoccupied. Also, this learning site doesn’t stop with teaching the basic concepts such as numbers and alphabets. Other activities include coloring, games and even identifying the clothes you wear during summer.

Don’t forget to sign up to be able to access the materials. You can also use your Facebook account to sign up too.

How about you mommas? What are your favorite learning materials site?

1. Louisa Mercado (@2livelovelaugh5)

March 10, 2015 at 3:33 am

I’ve also scoured the internet for homeschool resources. I also found that it wasn’t for us but I’m in total agreement with Educents. Have gotten great deals there.

March 10, 2015 at 5:07 pm

Me too. I really enjoyed Educents πŸ™‚

2. Jacq Paraguya

March 10, 2015 at 11:03 am

Thanks for posting this! I will try to homeschool my kid in the future but, tama ka, it depends on the child if it will work for him (and us). Thanks for the resources! πŸ™‚

March 10, 2015 at 5:07 pm

Some mommies kasi are really patient. Plus their kids are cooperating. Us naman, we decided not to because aside from my husband’s strong opposition, my kids are not cooperating. But every time my eldest and I attend a preschool trial class, she’s cooperating naman :)) Hope you find the sites useful πŸ™‚

3. Juvy ann petilla

March 10, 2015 at 9:25 pm

My boys are now 7 and 10 and I still source educational materials on line. But found printing a bit more of a hassle. I now buy activity work books mostly on sale.

March 11, 2015 at 7:10 am

Me naman, I mix it up πŸ™‚ Para walang sawa factor :))

4. sarah tirona

March 11, 2015 at 1:23 am

these are really helpful links for reviewing. thanks πŸ™‚

5. Donna

March 11, 2015 at 1:41 am

thanks for sharing the sites. been thinking of homeschooling my baby but not sure where to start or what to do first πŸ™‚

March 11, 2015 at 7:09 am

I don’t know how or where to start too πŸ™‚ I am not folllowing any curriculum since I won’t be homeschooling naman but there are good resources for the kids πŸ™‚

6. Nicole Paler

March 11, 2015 at 9:00 am

I tried to do this, and try I did. kaso wala talaga eh, masyadong maliit and pasensya ko and my baby was too stubborn like her mama… so ayun. but I do agree, educents is a great place to get reading and activities material for the homeschooling families. πŸ™‚

March 11, 2015 at 4:14 pm

Haha! Same her momma πŸ™‚ I still teach my kids but I don’t think homeschooling is for me :))

7. tweenselmom

March 11, 2015 at 9:22 am

It’s so nice that there are so many helpful sites today for moms like us noh? I also don’t have a hard time printing reviewers for my gradeschoolers online.

March 11, 2015 at 4:13 pm

I agree. Though I remember when I was younger, my mom would make our own reviewers pa. Ngayon, there are many sites you can get it from πŸ™‚

8. Lique Dimayuga

March 11, 2015 at 9:28 am

Thanks for sharing your resources mommy! I do have some of my bookmarked resources, will add these πŸ™‚

March 11, 2015 at 4:12 pm

Sayo ko nakuha ang Preschoolmom πŸ™‚ I read it in one of your posts about homeschooling πŸ™‚

9. sherlane fortunado

March 11, 2015 at 6:28 pm

I honor you because even you are busy, you make time to teach your children and even do research for them.

March 12, 2015 at 6:11 am

Thank you so much Sherlane πŸ™‚ Being a mom is really a hard work and I sometimes get surprised that I was capable of doing a lot of things for my kids πŸ™‚

10. Maria Teresa Figuerres

March 15, 2015 at 3:01 am

In this day and age, we’re really lucky to find online resources to help educate our children. That’s one of the benefits we get from modern technology.

March 15, 2015 at 5:39 am

That’s true. technology has its advantages too. it’s up to us on how we want to use it for our own benefit πŸ™‚

11. Emiliana Sison

March 15, 2015 at 3:24 am

My daughter loves doing the activity sheets when she was younger. Colors and illustrations do help keep the kids’ attention focused on the things we want them to learn.

March 15, 2015 at 5:43 am

I agree. Once I bring out the crayons and papers, my kids are really excited πŸ™‚

12. Macy Santos

March 16, 2015 at 12:18 pm

Hi there. Schooling is very important for kids, this is the stage where they could develop their social skills. I have nothing against homeschooling but I prefer the traditional one if given a chance. -Macy Santos

13. Why I Decide not to Homeschool + 10 Questions You Need to Ask Before You Homeschool | The Momma Chronicles

May 31, 2015 at 6:56 am

[…] tried. I had the materials (check this to find out where I get my free printable activity sheets), bought books and other education materials and included “Study Time” in our daily […]

14. Momma Tips: How to Teach Your Child to Write | The Momma Chronicles

July 5, 2015 at 9:22 am

[…] I think this is the major factor why my eldest daughter learned how to write on her own. At first, I printed tracing worksheets from Educents, which had Frozen characters in it. We also had “Letter for the Day” writing session, which I got from my favorite online resources (check out where I get my free printable materials here). […]