#TMCKitchenSeries : How to Make Lemon Cheesecake
It was my Baby J’s 7th month and instead of buying a cake and spending 600+, I just decided to make one. My husband likes cheesecake and I like lemon (isn’t it weird?) so I decided to combine the two and make a lemon cheesecake!
If you’re interested in making one, I’ll share with you the recipe.
Here’s what you’ll need:
For the crust: 1 pack of graham crackers, crushed and 2 sticks of butter, melted. (Note: You can opt for the graham crackers and just crush it your own. I’m just too lazy to do that’s why I bought the crushed one)
For the filling: 2 packs (16 oz) cream cheese, 3/4 cup granulated sugar, 2 eggs, 2 tsp grated lemon zest, 3 tbsp lemon juice.
Here’s how to do it:
1) Mix the crushed graham and melted butter until moistened.
2) Place an aluminum foil in an 8×8 pan with an overhang on the sides. This will help you lift the cheesecake once it is hard enough.
4) Bake for 10 to 15 minutes. Set aside.
6) Pour the mixture into the crust and bake it for 30 to 35 minutes or until it turned light brown.
7) Cool completely before refrigerating it for 3 hours or until the lemon cheesecake is firm.
– You can choose not to put lemon zest anymore since the lemon juice will do. The flavor of the lemon can be too strong and overpower the taste of the cream cheese.
– You can also reduce the amount of lemon juice into 2 tablespoon.
– Try tasting the mixture first. If you think that the taste of the lemon is too strong, you can add sugar to help neutralize the taste.
– For added flavor and presentation, you can also put vanilla ice cream on top.