#TMCKitchenSeries: Easy Peasy Garlic Chicken
It’s been a while since I last posted a recipe. Since I am currently yaya-less, I am officially in charge of doing the cooking. This also means I have to whip dishes that are quick and easy to do since I still have two kids trolling along, plus online work and gazillion household chores I never get to do.
Anyway, my husband and I love chicken that we could it eat everyday. Since I want to stay true to “Easy Kitchen Recipes” mantra, I came up with this dish: Garlic Chicken. The good thing about this dish is that it requires ingredients you can easily in the kitchen: butter, chicken, (lots of) garlic, chicken cubes, salt, and pepper. Simply season the chicken with salt and pepper. Then, cook garlic cloves in butter and olive oil fr a few minutes. Add chicken and chicken cubes dissolved in water then season to taste.
Here’s the best part: I often cook this in big batches because I also pair it with salads (for breakfast) or use it as a sandwich filling when the husband and kids are hungry. This saves me time in preparing meals, which I can spare for other equally important tasks, like doing the laundry.
- 4-5 chicken breast cut in strips
- One tablespoon each of butter and olive oil
- 20-30 cloves of garlic
- Half of Knorr chicken cubes dissolved in one cup of water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Season chicken with salt and butter.
- In a pan, combine butter and olive oil.
- Add the cloves of garlic and cook for two minutes.
- Add the chicken and chicken cubes mixture.
- Let it simmer for 10 to 15 minutes to allow the chicken to absorb the broth.
- Serve with rice, use it as toppings for salads, or filling for sandwiches.