#TMCKitchenSeries: Another Easy-Peasy Chicken Recipe
Work, kids’ activities, and the Holiday season are getting in the way the past few weeks that I wasn’t able to cook “properly.” I’ve been cooking the same quickie meals and re-heating leftover foods to save time and so I can focus on other tasks (like laundry!). Thankfully, I was able to slow things down this week and get back on the kitchen.
I saw this recipe from Tasty’s Facebook page, so I decided to replicate it and made it easier for me. Say hello to Cheesy Tomato Chicken (okay, I just made that up). I am not the best cook and I stick to easy-to-find and readily available ingredients in the kitchen. Nonetheless, I try my best to make every meal special and yummy as possible.
I made a similar dish months ago, but instead of frying the chicken directly, I coated the chicken first with flour and breadcrumbs then deep-fry. I was too lazy to do so on this dish, so I just season the chicken with salt, pepper, and garlic powder, and fry in olive oil. Once brown on both sides, I placed it in a baking pan and cover it with tomato sauce (I use Three Cheese from Clara Ole) then top it off with Quickmelt and Parmesan Cheese. Then, I baked it for 10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted. Easy peasy, don’t you think? It’s also about presentation and proper plating to make a simple dish extra special. Check out the recipe below:
- 4-6 pieces chicken breast
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- 1 pack Clara Ole Chunky Tomato with Three Cheese pasta sauce
- 2 tbsp Parmesan cheese
- Quickmelt cheese (or any cheese will do)
- Basil leaves
- Olive oil for frying
- Season chicken breast with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- In a heated pan, fry chicken breast until both sides are brown.
- Pat to remove excess oil then transfer in a baking pan.
- Pour Clara Ole pasta sauce.
- Top off with Parmesan cheese, Quickmelt, and basil leaves.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until cheese has melted.
A former law student turned stay-at-home mom of two. Join me and read my adventures as I go through this crazy world called parenting and mommy-hood.