#TMCKitchenSeries : 2 Simple and Yummy Recipes Using Alaska Evap and Condensada
Mother’s Day came a bit late for me this year. Still, better late than never, don’t you think?
Last Tuesday, I got a package from Nuffnang and Alaska full of Evaporated and Condensed Milk plus Recipe Cards mommas can easily whip in the kitchen. I also got a preserved floral arrangement from Te Amo Floristeria (IG: @teamofloristeria), which I absolutely love. Never really a flowers-type of girl, but I wouldn’t say no to this, especially when the husband seem to forgot that he owed me one for years. Haha! On a serious note and being the excited cook that I am, I decided to start with the Pambawi Milk Bread aka French Toast. It was the easiest recipe to whip (with readily available ingredients, as well) in the list so I gave it a try. Plus, I’ve been craving for one so I had to make this breakfast staple and eat it for lunch. Here’s the recipe: It’s similar to how I make my French Toast, although for this one, brown sugar was omitted. For extra sweetness, the recipe called for pouring Alaska Condensed Milk and I must say, I should’ve done this before.
Aside from the Pambawi Milk Bread, I also tried making Creamy Garlic Parmesan Chicken. I love anything garlic parmesan and been doing this recipe since we became yaya-less. It is easy, yummy, and calls for readily available ingredients. Since I have a supply of evaporated milk within reach, I tried adding it in my usual recipe. Thankfully, it turned well and the husband appreciated my cooking. Check out the recipe below.
- 6-8 cloves of garlic, minced
- 5 pieces of chicken breast
- Small can of mushrooms (I use Jolly)
- 1 250ml Alaska evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- Carrots, diced
- 1 tablespoon flour
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Fry chicken until both sides are brown. Set aside.
- In the same pan, pour butter. Then cook minced garlic, mushrooms, and carrots.
- Add flour until the mixture has a paste-like consistency. Add more flour if needed.
- Pour Alaska evaporated milk and parmesan cheese. Let it simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Place chicken in the mixture. Mix well then serve.