#TMCKitchenSeries: Garlic Rosemary Chicken
One of my mom’s helpers has been with her for more than five years already. She was 17 years old at that time and knows nothing in the kitchen. She can’t even cook scrambled egg. With enough patience, she turned into one of the best cooks my mom ever had. One of the favorite dishes she likes to cook is Garlic Rosemary Chicken. Since it is love month and I was looking for a simple recipe to cook for our V-Day Dinner, I decided to make one too.
I don’t have the guts to use one whole chicken – yet. I was scared I might not be able to cook it well until the inside. So I just used chicken breast and cut it into thin strips to make sure it gets cooked. Plus, it minimizes baking time too.
After cutting the chicken breast into thin strips, I seasoned it with salt, pepper, (lots of) rosemary and dried thyme. I don’t have time to look for fresh ones in Centris since I wasn’t able to wake up early so I settled for the McCormick ones. Anyway, it still turned out well.
After seasoning, place it in a baking dish or pan. I just used the cookie pan since it is bigger. Drizzle it with olive oil and add garlic on top. Don’t forget to arrange veggies on the sides too. I really love how this recipe turned out. And yes, my kitchen smelled really good, I can’t wait to munch on it. I was glad that my husband appreciated it and liked his dinner. However, there are still areas I need to improve on. I got a bit excited with rosemary that I may have sprinkled a lot. My advice: take it easy when seasoning your chicken.
So, here you go. Sharing with you our yaya’s recipe of Garlic Rosemary Chicken, with my own twist, of course.
- Chicken Breast
- Minced Garlic
- Dried Rosemary
- Dried Thyme
- Salt and Pepper
- Thinly-sliced carrots and potatoes
- Green peas (optional)
- 1. Thinly slice chicken breast then rinse it after.
- 2. Preheat the oven to 220 degrees Celsius.
- 3. Rub the chicken with rosemary, thyme, salt and pepper. Then sprinkle garlic on top.
- 4. Place the cut veggies on the side.
- 5. Drizzle with olive oil.
- 6. Place it inside the oven and bake for 20 to 30 minutes until chicken is cooked.
- You will notice that the chicken will shrink during baking time. Check occasionally if the chicken is cooked already.