in The Momma Cooks
#TMCKitchenSeries: How to Make Cookie Cups from Scratch
I am a cookie monster. I love cookies , especially choco chip cookies, ever since I could remember. Since then, I am always in the lookout for the best cookie recipes and different ways to eat chocolate chip cookies.
One of my favorites is cookie cups. The first time I had one was from Cookie Bar Manila and it was really good. Sadly, going to Pasig is not the most feasible solution to my cookie problem so I decided to make my own.
Sharing with you a recipe for chocolate chip cookies plus how to make cookie cups.
Chocolate Chip Cookies + Cookie Cups Recipe
The first thing you need to do is to combine the dry ingredients – flour and baking soda. Set aside.
In a separate bowl, mix together butter, brown and white sugar until light and fluffy. Then add salt, eggs and vanilla until well combined. Combine flour mixture and the butter mixture. Once well combined, add the chocolate chips. In my case, I just used the semi-sweet chocolate chips and will just use the white ones as toppings for the cookie cups. What I like about making my own cookies is that I can put as many chocolate chips as I want.
You can drop a tablespoon size of the choco chip dough if you prefer cookies. Bake for eight to 10 minutes. You could use an ice cream scooper to make the cookies even in size. To make cookie cups, place the dough in a mini muffin baking pan. Bake it for 15 to 20 minutes.
Once baked, leave the cookies as it is and allow it to cool. For the cookie cups, take it out of the mini muffin pan. Press gently using your thumb to create a hole in the middle. Add in chocolate chips, mini marshmallows, or anything you want.
Enjoy your cookie cups with warm milk.
Chocolate Chip Cookies and Cookie Cups
Write a review
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup butter in room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- Semi-sweet or milk chocolate chips
- 1) In a bowl, combine four and baking soda (Flour Mixture). Set aside.
- 2) In another bowl, combine butter, white sugar and light brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add vanilla, salt and eggs and mix until well-combined (Sugar Mixture).
- 3) Combine flour mixture and sugar mixture.
- 4) Add the chocolate chips.
- 5) Drop a tablespoon-size of choco chip dough in a baking pan. In the case of cookie cups, put the dough in the mini muffin baking pan.
- 6) For cookies, bake for 8-10 minutes. For the cookie cups, bake for 15-20 minutes.
- 7) For the cookie cups, press gently on the middle portion then add your desired toppings.
Adapted from Martha Stewart
Adapted from Martha Stewart
The Momma Chronicles http://themommachronicles.com/
A former law student turned stay-at-home mom of two. Join me and read my adventures as I go through this crazy world called parenting and mommy-hood.