#TMCKitchenSeries: Strawberry Banana Crumb Loaf and Cupcakes
I don’t like wasting and throwing food. I would rather have it inside my tummy than see it in trash, if that even makes sense. Every time I buy fruits and wasn’t able to eat it right on time, I just bake something out of it, which is what I did with my overripe bananas and strawberries.
So I turned to good ol’ Google, typed in strawberry baking recipes and here’s what I got – Strawberry Crumb Loaf from Bakehappy.net. However, I added my own twist into it by putting bananas in the recipe. I was in the mood to experiment and since I have a few overripe bananas, I decided to use it. At first, I wasn’t sure how it tastes but thankfully, it worked well. The sweetness of the banana and the sour taste of strawberry blended well together.
Add in the strawberries and bananas. For the bananas, it is best to use only one ripe banana for the batter because of its strong taste. I was thinking of using three but I figured it might overpower the taste of the strawberry. Good thing I used only one because it went well with the recipe.
Pour the batter in a loaf pan. I placed an aluminum foil on the pan so it will be easier for me to take out the loaf. This is actually a loaf recipe but since I only have one loaf pan (which is odd so I need to by another one), I decided to make cupcakes out of it too.
This is optional – the crumbs. I used to make banana bread and add crumbs / toppings in it because of added texture. Plus, it makes the bread more tasty so I decided to put one in here as well. To make the crumbs, combine flour, brown sugar, butter and cinnamon. Mix well until the texture looks coarse. Sprinkle it on top of the loaf or cupcakes.
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup yogurt
- 1 cup strawberries, chopped
- 1 ripe banana
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- Combine dry ingredient - flour, baking powder, salt and brown sugar (Flour mixture). Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix eggs, milk, yogurt and oil (Egg mixture).
- Combine flour mixture and egg mixture. Mix well.
- Add strawberries and bananas. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix all ingredients for the crumbs until it turns coarse. You can adjust the amount of ingredients according to your needs.
- Sprinkle on top of the loaf or cupcakes.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until toothpick comes out clean.