My One Word for 2017

Every year, I often set (A LOT OF) goals for myself, only to realize that on the third month, I can’t even fulfill them. Worse, I even forget about the goals I set at the beginning of the year, so I want to do it better this time. I’ve been reading a lot about fellow mommy bloggers who are setting their word every year and I decided to join the bandwagon. For this year, I chose the word PUSH.

You might ask why.

I’ve been complacent about my life for as long as I can remember. I never really worked hard for anything and I always have my family every time I need help. When I started doing freelance work, I didn’t put too much effort with my job and didn’t push myself harder and look for better, bigger opportunities. After all, I know my husband is there to support me anyway.

Blogging has been so-so for me last year as well. I only blog when I have time and rarely pay attention to it. There are many opportunities that come with blogging, some I even say no to. I haven’t explored my options yet because “okay na ko dyan.”

Last December, I started having issues with my freelance work. My employer told me that we have to stop doing a certain project, which I have to account as my biggest-paying one. Work started to slow down by the end of the year and come 2017, I am earning less than what I am used to.

“What’s your plan?,” my husband asked me. I said I don’t know – yet.

This year, I want to push myself to do better and try harder. I want to push myself to the limits so I can look for better opportunities, both in my freelance work and blogging. I want to push myself to explore my options and try something new. There are so many opportunities available and I want to give them a try.

Push is also my mantra because this year, I want to improve myself – both physically and emotionally. I’m going through depression for years already and this time, I want to keep pushing myself to kick it out of my system. Depression has been affecting my relationship with my husband and my overall disposition. My kids are also affected and how I perceive myself is also leaning towards the negative side.

I want to be a better mom, a better wife, and a better version of myself and I will push myself to do that. Yes, I can do this.

How about you? What is your one word for 2017? Let me know!

1. Lariza Garcia

January 23, 2017 at 3:06 pm

never give up ayi, madaming pagsubok but always think of the rainbow at the end of it all

2. Macy Santos

January 24, 2017 at 8:52 am

OMG! You got me there right on the spot. PUSH!!!! Sheez….I need a BIG push too, Like you, I work as a freelancer same thing my good and loyal client pulled out our project and left me paralized in mid-air. I thought I am just contented on how my life is flowing but really I don’t know where I am heading. So your wrod PUSH is so appropriate to me too, Push lang push mommy!

3. to bring together

January 24, 2017 at 9:58 am

Don’t worry, you will be better, not for anyone else but mainly for yourself. Claim it now and it will be done with the help and guidance of the Lord. Goodluck! 🙂

4. ceemee

January 24, 2017 at 12:13 pm

Push mo yan ‘te! Seriously, I wish you good luck. I have not chosen a one word for 2017 yet. Maybe… positivity?

5. Kim Reyes

January 25, 2017 at 5:56 am

You can do it, Ayi! Keep pushing! 🙂

6. Coi Ibanez

January 25, 2017 at 8:59 am

Hmm.. I think I’ll go with ‘Push’ as well. Or maybe I’ll change it later lol! But everything you said hit me too, though I only stopped or rather slowed down with blogging on the last quarter of 2016. I became too busy and lazy. Hehehe! We can do this!! 🙂

7. Arlene Tingson

January 25, 2017 at 9:53 am

I love that PUSH can also stand for Push Until Something Happens. The way to get real-life results in prayer is to seek God with an attitude that says, “No matter how long it takes, or whatever I have to do, I will not be denied.” It’s Godly hunger. It is not about pushing God, but about pushing ourselves into God. Hope you’ll have a blessed year!

8. Mommy Queenelizabeth

January 25, 2017 at 10:20 am

This is my word last 2016! Keep pushing! 🙂

9. Melisa Sanchez

January 26, 2017 at 7:35 am

Cheers sis! pray all your goals and I know God will help you. Like you sometimes nakakalimutan ko yung mga goals ko, good thing di ako masyadong nasaktan if di ko magawa kasi alam ko na di pa right time. God’s time is the best time. God bless!

10. Mommy Pehpot

January 26, 2017 at 10:21 am

Good luck mother! Push lang ng push!

I also have one word for 2017 kaso wala pa akong blog post hihi

11. mamaspeaksagain

January 26, 2017 at 10:38 am

I seen a lot of “one word” goal for the year, but yours is quite unique. Good luck sis 😀

12. Jhanis

January 27, 2017 at 2:36 am

I need a big push too! I get easily discouraged when things don’t go the way I hoped they would. 🙁

13. Migs&Alaine Alejandrino

January 27, 2017 at 12:00 pm

It’s so sweet of you to say that you want to be a better wife and a better mom. Keep pushing. 🙂

14. jemalvarado

January 27, 2017 at 4:07 pm

Good luck! My January’s mantra is “Do it Now!” as I wanted to fulfill as many goals I can.

15. Rowena Wendy Lei

January 28, 2017 at 9:15 am

Very positive. I think I need to adapt this word too!

16. Louise Fandino-Santos

January 28, 2017 at 4:24 pm

Hi Ayi! You can be whatever you want to be! Yes, just keep on pushing forward! God bless you!

17. May De Jesus-Palacpac

January 29, 2017 at 2:52 am

i understand about depression because I have that, too. strengthening your mind and having a shifting of mindset helps. The emotions may be disabling at times, but knowing the Truth allows you to overcome the attacks.

18. Mommy Levy

January 29, 2017 at 11:25 am

I like your one word, mine is FOCUS naman. Let’s pray for a better year for all of us 🙂

19. queenofthebangs

January 29, 2017 at 3:01 pm

Great choice for one word goal! 🙂 Mine would be SMILE. I feel that the world is full of negative vibes that we need a splash of good vibes.

20. Claire Pajarillo Santiago

January 29, 2017 at 4:09 pm

This inspired me to always strive to be better than the past and be the best among others…

21. mumwrites (@vixquips)

January 29, 2017 at 9:34 pm

You can do it mum! I, too, have set a lot of goals for myself and have failed to achieve a number of them. The key is to keep on persevering and pushing to achieve them. Earlier last year, I left my online work and have been looking for one since then. Here’s to finding the best online work for us!

I love your One Word, mind is “intentional” since I really need to be more intentional in everything that I do. Have yet to blog about it, though, thank you for the reminder 🙂

22. Maria Teresa Gregorio-Figuerres

January 29, 2017 at 11:44 pm

Your one-word for 2017 suits your personal and professional life perfectly. I hope you achieve all your goals this year. Cheers!

23. Tweenselmom

January 30, 2017 at 1:47 am

We all need a push in some kind or another because motherhood will never be easy. I thought it was like that it will get easier when your kids grow up but mind you, i cry more now than when they were babies.

24. RJ Dancel

January 30, 2017 at 3:41 am

I know how you feel and I just want to tell you that you’re not alone. Depression is hard to battle but one of the first things you have to do is acceptance and having the will to surpass it. If you need any help, we can always talk. I went to therapy for years so I think there are some tips I can share with you!

January 30, 2017 at 3:51 pm

How are you doing so far? What did you do to overcome depression? Let me know!

25. berlin domingo

January 30, 2017 at 3:52 am

I remember reading this post before and inspiring me to push for my resolutions for 2017. Though I do not have resolutions written, I have them mentally. But I guess I need to write them so I push myself more to do them. Again, thanks for sharing your one word for 2017.

26. Anna “Mommy Anna” Plaida

January 30, 2017 at 5:00 am

Love the word PUSH, and yes everyone, all of us need this word, to keep us gong and be motivated to reach our GOAL. Let’s PUSH this 2017 🙂

January 30, 2017 at 6:17 am

Nice word to live by this year. As a freelancer myself I’ve learned that if we don’t push ourselves nothing will happen to our career, we won’t get clients and we won’t earn. Best wishes on pushing yourself this year!

28. Ma.Me.Mi.Mommy

January 30, 2017 at 6:20 am

Ah, I think I’ve found my word also! push! I think I’ll borrow it for 2018 though as I’m due to give birth in a couple of months and I’m allowed some rest hehe. I’m on the complacent side also and just settling and not working hard. Time to change!